Little Bow Girl

Wife, Mama to Sophie Rose, Full Time Day Dreamer

Yesterday I sat alone in my bed in my parents’ home cuddling my puppy, who was whimpering and crying from an upset stomach. I was exhausted from a flu and trying to calm Benjy, who was throwing up repeatedly. And I was feeling completely down because my husband was away in Vietnam on vacation with his friends whilst I dealt with long hours at work, a sad puppy, missing my parents in Shanghai, and a whole load of other emotional trauma which I won’t mention here.

At that point in time, it crossed my mind more than once – this question –

What exactly had I signed up for?

On our fifth year anniversary, he had left me alone. Two months into our marriage, I was alone.

Advertisements

8 thoughts on “Peaches and Cream.

1. s. says:

Hey, you sound like you’re in a really bad state. I hope things pick up soon and please don’t think so negatively about K / your marriage. If you don’t already know, most of the times you sound (on the blog) really happy with him. Don’t let this bring you down! take care.

1. libbyty says:

Hi s. Thanks for your thoughts – I guess we are happy most of the time but him not being around now and forgetting about our anniversary just takes the cake for sucky things a husband could do. Trying to get better on my own but its harder than i thought. =(

2. D says:

get some cake and feel better soon! also, don’t know if it’ll work for benjy but maybe some honey with water might help his stomach- my grandma taught me this and everytime doobie had a upset stomach we’d give him some honey and water and it always worked!

1. libbyty says:

hey D. haha cake will make me feel better but also fatter ! I’ll try that trick with benjy – he keeps spitting up his food but there’s nothing medically wrong with him. i’ll take care – and you too! =)

3. char says:

my dear girl. I know u probably feel like crap but yeah s is right, u almost always sound really happy with k. it’s probably ur flu & a sick benjy that’s making u feel horrible 🙂 k went on a biz trip?

1. libbyty says:

hi char.. thank you =) yeah i guess we’re happy most of the time but then when it rains, it pours. everything bad seems to happen at the same time. K went on holiday with one of his groomsmen to Vietnam and BKK for a week. =(

4. char says:

no wonder you felt upset, being yr 5th year. hugs dear. I hope benjy feels better too.. then we can bring em doggies out for a swim k?

1. libbyty says:

hey ! yup that sounds great.. I don’t know whether Benjy is scared of water yet hahahaha =)