Little Bow Girl

Wife, Mama to Sophie Rose, Full Time Day Dreamer

안녕!

(HAIR PERM POST UPDATED)

I’m already in Seoul after a grueling red-eye flight on which I met a similarly exhausted and browbeaten young Seoul shipping manager, who expressed to me that he could not for the life of him figure out why Super Junior is so popular. ^^

Straight after touch down, I scarfed down some street-side odeng, ddokbokki and kimbap, and then headed to Juno Hair to get my mane tamed and in tip top shape.

I only trust Korean salons to perm my hair – they always do such an awesome job in helping me obtain really natural perms with soft, wavy curls – no Justin Timberlake instant noodle curls for me, thank you very much ^^

UPDATE (July 2013) I have gone to Juno Hair again, another branch in Myeong Dong, and found the most amazing stylist ever! Read about it here

This time, I went to the Juno Hair salon just down the road from my hotel at Myeong Dong (Nine Tree, it’s right smack in the middle, really super location). I’d heard great things about this chain of salons – they are quite expensive, but they apparently always deliver.

The service was fantastic. I made an appointment, and when I turned up, they assigned me my stylist (this is pretty standard in Korea) Woo-Ri 우리 and her assistant Eun Ah 은아. They sat down with me and showed me an IPAD full of different styles and perms which we went through slowly depending on the suitability of the hairstyle to my face.

I decided on Lee Min Jung style – C-curl at the end, Volume Perm on Top, soft, natural waves + Shiseido treatment. They also offer Keratin and Mucota treatments but they are quite expensive.

In 2 hours, I went from this :

552067_10152670920840436_848754587_n

To this: (okay I know still very shagged looking but still)

485941_10152671020965436_955341154_n

Like I said, service was just awesome. Woo Ri and Eun Ah went out of their way to make me comfortable, asked me questions about my job and praised my terrible Korean. We had impromptu I teach you English you teach me Korean conversations which were a lot of fun ^^ Juno Hair salons also have their own “Juno Cafe” which is a bar providing a full range of hot and cold drinks (I had the Ice Choco and it was delicious!) as well as snacks – from pretzels and Belgian Caramel Cookies to a full meal of sandwiches or Kimbap if you prefer.

Also, talk about eye candy. I saw at least four impossibly handsome and well dressed stylists. I kid you not, they were Siwon (Super Junior) standard. And I know this because I have as of now seen Siwon from less than 2 feet away.

Here’s the address! Highly recommended and I’m so enamoured of my hair I keep swishing it around and marvelling at how soft it is (I’m shameless, I know!)

If you guys have any questions, just ask.fm me !

Juno Hair, Myeong Dong – Next to Adidas Building, Level 3
서울 충무로1가 22-4 인송빌딩 3층 준오헤어
전화 : 02-757-0605 팩스 : 02-777-2670

xx

Libby

Advertisements

20 thoughts on “Solo Seoul x Juno Hair

1. carine says:

hey there, how much did you spend at juno salon?

1. libbyty says:

hi, my perm, cut, and treatment was 280k won. 🙂

2. sophia says:

Hi,can i know the directions to there?

1. libbyty says:

Hi Sophia, the address is pretty clear. Its near the only Adidas building in Myeongdong and very central. If you can’t find it based on the address, the locals are also very helpful, just write the address down on a piece of paper. Most will know – Juno is pretty famous there.

3. JJ says:

Hi, if I would like to dye and cut my hair. What would be the est. cost?

1. libbyty says:

Hi JJ, I’m really not sure as I didn’t dye my hair. But a basic cut starts from about 25,000 W.

1. JJ says:

oh thank you. do they speak english well? As I’m just a basic korean speaker..

2. libbyty says:

No, they don’t, they just know basic english phrases about hairdressing, but sign language will help I guess? I speak basic Korean and we were able to communicate very easily. Most Seoulites do not speak fluent English. Hope that helps.:)

4. Ros says:

How long did it take?

1. libbyty says:

Two hours. But it varies.

5. Inga says:

Hey, thank you for that post, I’m getting really tempted… just wondering, how suitable are these perms and treatments for westerners? I have long naturally wavy, but totally frizzy hair, with dry ends that need a cut desperately. And I don’t speak a word of Korean… any thoughts?

6. seaweed says:

hi, may i know how long does their treatment takes to be done?

1. libbyty says:

Depends on the kind of treatment. For keratin, 1hr, for mucota, 1.5 hrs.

7. melissa says:

Hi, I’m planning to bring my mom as well. Do you know if they do ‘ahjuma-style’ curls? Thanks 🙂

1. libbyty says:

Hi Melissa. I don’t think they will want to do “ahjuma-style” curls for your mum as it’s considered extremely unfashionable and they do focus a lot on the final look of the customer (they are a franchise better known for more trendy looks). But I guess you could try?

8. kokoro says:

Hello

Do you want what sort of payment do they take?

1. libbyty says:

I’m not sure I get your comment. Do I want what?

9. Lenora Gan says:

Hi, I’m so glad I stumbled across your blog. I’m heading to Seoul next month and am looking to get extensions. Do you know if they offer any? The “volume perm” also sounds interesting…do you think it really adds volume to your hair? What about when it grows out? Sorry I have so many questions…thanks in advance! 🙂

1. libbyty says:

Hi Lenora, no Juno Hair does not offer extensions as they are not good for your hair. I find that the volume perm does help add volume, that’s really the point. And of course, as it grows out, it will be less puffy from all the weight.